Ward 21 H comprises 24 normal care beds for performing diagnostic and therapeutic measures on inpatients of the department, with 12 beds managed as a maternity ward.
In addition to the typical equipment and facilities of a normal care ward, a small ward laboratory and an ultrasound examination unit are also available. The main clinical tasks include the clarification and treatment of patients with gastroenterological and hepatological diseases.
- Patients with chronic inflammatory bowel diseases,
- Treatment of complications of acute or chronic liver diseases,
- clarification and evaluation for liver transplantation
- as well as aftercare st.p. LTX,
- Therapy of diseases of the bile ducts and pancreas,
- Implementation of oncological therapy measures,
- artificial nutrition therapy,
- ultrasound-guided drainage treatments,
- organ biopsies and punctures,
- therapy of gastrointestinal bleeding,
- as well as pre- and post-operative care after interventional endoscopic measures.
In addition, the department has a mandate to take over and continue the care of patients from the emergency room via the so-called contingent bed regulation, which means that the spectrum of patients to be treated covers de facto all diseases of internal medicine.
Medical Director: Univ. Prof. Dr. Michael Trauner
Senior Physician: Ao. Univ. Prof. Dr. Clemens Dejaco
Head of Nursing department: DGKS Natascha Papouschek, MBA
Ward nurses: DGKS Adelheid Weinmüller, DGKS Petra Rausch