Our research activities cover the entire spectrum of gastroenterology and hepatology in both clinical and patient-oriented basic research. In agreement with the medical and scientific staff, the following five main research areas have been defined over the past years.
- Acute and chronic liver diseases
- Chronic inflammatory bowel diseases
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Internal intensive care medicine with special emphasis on gastroenterology and hepatology (liver-gastrointestinal tract and pancreas as "victims and perpetrators")
- Gastrointestinal psychosomatics
In each of these focal areas, working groups have been formed to design current research projects, ensure medical and organizational prerequisites, and carry out the projects and bring them to a conclusion through publications in a scientific journal.