Nutrition is an important part of medical therapy. For optimal nutritional therapy, the team of dietologists is available to support the patients of the AKH. Dieticians are the competent contact persons for all nutritional questions.
The areas of responsibility of the dieticians:
- the assessment and evaluation of the patient's nutritional status
- the preparation of an individual nutrition plan
- Implementation of nutritional therapies, including dietary consultation and individual diet composition
- the holding of group training sessions
- Discharge management for enteral and parenteral nutrition
- participation in menu design and quality control
- the planning of individually composed therapeutic diets
The dietitians' main areas of expertise:
- Artifical nutrition (supplementary, enteral and parenteral nutrition)
- Metabolic diseases (lipid metabolism disorders, diabetes mellitus, rare metabolic diseases,...)
- Diseases of the digestive tract (gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease,...)
- Kindney diseases and renal replacement therapies
- Food intolerances and allergies (lactose intolerance, fructose malabsorption, celiac disease,...)
In addition, there are numerous other clinical pictures that can be favorably influenced by nutrition therapy.